top tips to help get your disability etiquette right

Top tips – get your disability etiquette right

Around 19 per cent of the population have a disability. Many of these will be unseen disabilities, such as epilepsy and mental health conditions. This means that you might not realise that someone is disabled. The way you speak about disabilities – your disability etiquette – demonstrates your, and your organisation’s values. Your language and […] Read More

top tips to help improve your mental wellbeing

Top tips to help you improve your mental wellbeing

Mental wellbeing is described by the World Health Organisation (WHO) as “the state in which the individual realises his or her own abilities, can cope with normal stresses of life, can work productively, and is able to make a contribution to his or her community.” Our mental wellbeing can change at anytime. Here are some […] Read More

Top tips on handling rejection

Like it or not, rejection is a fact of life, especially when it comes to your job search. No matter how skilled and experienced you are, rejection is often inevitable. But there is an upside. The trick is to learn how to handle rejection, maintain a positive attitude and use that rejection to your advantage […] Read More

Celebrating Employee Ownership Day

It’s Employee Ownership Day – #EODay – a celebration of the success of all employee-owned businesses. You might not know that Remploy is an employee-owned business, with our colleagues owning a 30% stake in the business. (The other 70% stake being owned by MAXIMUS).  Colleagues working at Remploy have a significant say in decision making, […] Read More

top tips on how to succeed at interview

Top tips on how to succeed at interviews

Interviews are all about showing how your skills and experience meet the needs of the job, and how you would fit in with the company’s values. It’s also a chance for you to question the interviewers to see how the job and company might suit you. As you’ve been invited for interview the employer is […] Read More

How to make a good first impression

Preparing for an Interview, How to make a good first impression  – without saying a word! You only get one chance to make a first impression, so make it count. The first impression with anyone will make or break how you are perceived, especially in the workplace. So make sure you get it right the […] Read More

Employing people with learning disabilities

Learning Disability Awareness Week runs from 19-24 June 2017. Remploy’s Disability Ambassador Tony Collins wants more employers to take on people with learning disabilities, and we’re here to support! With employment rates for disabled people depressingly low at just 6%, Remploy’s mission is to help employers realise the benefits of employing a more diverse workforce. […] Read More

Top tips for a great CV

Getting a job is all about selling yourself and your skills to employers so they can see how well you could do the role they want to fill. Your CV and covering letter are a great way to introduce yourself and show that you have the right experience and skills and help them decide to […] Read More